Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Starting to Harvest-Zucchini Fritters Recipe

Today I noticed lots of small zucchini growing on my 2 plants. I find 2 plants given enough room to grow, produce more zucchini than we can even eat. Today I picked 3 of them for our first harvest that isn't lettuce.
I made one of the girls favorite side dishes, which Eve decided was her only dish, Zucchini Fritters. I very simple shred the zucchini and mix it with an lightly beaten egg, some bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. If I'm making a larger amount or using larger zucchini I use more eggs. Heat some oil in a pan. Take the mix and make small, 3-5 bites sized, pancake shapes and place them in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes. Turn them over and repeat. I like to drain them on a paper towel over a plate. Yummy yummy, veggies even the pickiest eater will eat. Can even be used as main vegetarian dish meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment