Thursday, June 13, 2013

Another Rainy Day

Its been the rainiest spring, today was another bad one. Thunderstorms, high winds, and flash flood warning so we spent the day inside. It was so bad I didn't even want to drive somewhere to get out of the house for a bit. Last rainy day we splashed in the puddles and looked for worms. This rainy day we spent baking banana zucchini cinnamon chip bread(I'll post the recipe later), coloring, dancing and looking at videos of the girls.
They loved watching their birthday parties and Christmas mornings. Since they are not even 2 and 4 there wasn't too much to look at, but enough to reminisce and see some wonderful memories. I'm so grateful that I bought our camera and will have some amazing videos to watch as they grow older and I grow old. I love hearing their little voices and watching how they change. We watched Eve trying to crawl, her first steps, laughing like a maniac and the first time Liv and Eve met. We watched Liv's second birthday and Christmas. It was lovely to see how she still treasures the gifts Santa has brought her. I also recorded a little bit of them today. I usually ask them the same questions. How old are you? What is your favorite color? Can you say your name? For Eve I asked her some animal sounds and Liv told me about preschool. My Aunt told me that you can never have enough video of your kids and with how fast they grow I'm already realizing that's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment