Monday, August 15, 2011

Peace with in the Storm

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths


Life has become very different for me in the past 2 weeks. My husband had gone on strike so we have no income and now our health benefits are probably being cancelled 5 days after my due date.
It is very scary to think about no money coming in but I keep telling myself that God will provide and help us get through this hard time.
I have already started to research programs like WIC and state sponsored health insurance. I never thought that I would need these type of programs, but you just never know in life. I am grateful that they are there and should be able to help us get through this difficult time.
I know lots of families who are suffering with this strike and other financially difficulties, but because of pride will not bring themselves to go to apply for WIC, food stamps or other aide. They suffer and charge life's bills to keep up with the Jones and not be considered poor.
I do not understand this mentality at all. I know there are lots of abuse to the welfare systems in this country but there is a wonderful purpose to them. To feed the hungry and provide them with medical care as they need.

1 Timothy 6:7-10

For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.


It is a shame that in America too many are causing suffering on others because of their own greed.
As long as we are fed, clothed and healthy I will not let this get me down. I will let go and leave it in the hands of God. For he will guide me through these times.


We have been planning for this possibility. I am grateful that we don't over extend ourselves so we do not have to stress. With the addition help we should be getting I know will will get through this hard time and come out stronger people.

No comments:

Post a Comment