Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fit after Baby

When I had my first child I was to tired and new to motherhood to worry about losing the 40 so odd pounds I put on while being pregnant. It took about a year and I got within 2 pounds of my pre-pregnancy weight. Then I got pregnant again.
This time I am, for some reason, very focused on losing the weight and getting in shape again after the baby. Seeing pictures of Rebecca Romijn on TMZ at 39 after twins in a bikini looking fad doesn't help. Power to her, I just want to get in my old shape again. We just put some much pressure on ourselves as women and moms. Some of it is good. It is good to not just totally let yourself go after having kids. Its not good for your health or your psyche. But my goal of being able to wear a bikini again. Is that unrealistic? I don't know.
Unlike Hollywood elite I don't have a trainer, a dietitian,a cook and someone to watch my children when I work out. Lately I don't even have my husband at home, who has been forced to work long hours due to the poor weather in our state.
I just want to look like my old self right now. I know, being only 2 months postpartum that that is very unrealistic. Especially since I put on 40lbs again with this pregnancy.
I am making some simple changes in my diet and trying to move, walk, do 10 min work out videos, rake leaves, anything that moves my body.
I gave up soda, sweets and am trying to not eat in front of the tv. I'm trying to eat 3 solid meals a day with one snack of fruit or vegetables. I am also adding coconut oil to my diet, which is supposed to help weight-loss.
I am also breastfeeding, which burns 500 calories a day. But it can also make you so hungry so I don't know if breastfeeding really aids weight loss that much.
Once the baby is on a sleep schedule I'm planning on doing some work out videos and lifting weights. My sister has the Psx90 series on DVD and I have heard great things about it. I also plan on starting doing yoga and Pilates. I love yoga and Pilates and did it before I was pregnant. Its great for my mind as well as my body.


I am just frustrated, not being able to fit in my old clothes, having a muffin tops and looking frumpy and dumpy. Always wearing sweats since that is all that fits. I have never really been over weight so it just really bothers me. And what bothers me most is the lack of time to work out. With a newborn its almost impossible to find the time.
And having the holidays come up isn't a help. This is a time most people gain weight and I'm trying to lose it.
This past Monday was the day I am making conscience changes to lose the weight.
My goal is 25lbs, my extra fit goal is 30lbs.
I hope I can meet my goal, in a realistic weight. Deep down I know I will not lose it over night, even though I wish I would. I took 9 months to put on, so it can take 9 months to come off.
7 months to go...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment