Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Another Reason to Breastfeed

A woman breastfeeding an infant.Image via Wikipedia

This new study about breastfeeding just came out of England.
It states that babies who were breastfeed are less likely to have behavioral problems as children. They are also less likely to lie, steal, be anxious and have hyperactivity.
What surprised me most was that this was looked at in babies who were only breastfeed at least 4 months or longer. So breastfeeding, even for a short time, has huge benefits that were not even thought of before.
The study's results can't tell if its the milk or the bond that is created through nursing that are protecting children. Or possible even the combination of both. Or it could be the parenting styles that mother's who BF more often use.
The bond when BF is amazing. I can not say that not BF does not connect with your baby, but I know that I have felt very in-tuned to my baby's needs from a young age. My toddler is not clingy, but she still loves her hugs and kisses from mommy and daddy. She loves her cuddle time and is very affectionate. But at the same time she is very independent. I feel she is a great balance of both at her age.

It just always amazes me the new benefits they keep find for breastfeeding your babies.
Mother's milk is just the best :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment