Tuesday, May 25, 2010

9 month BLW mark

Liv is now 9 months, I have been a total blog slacker.
BLW (Baby-Led Weaning) has clicked with her and she is a pretty good eater. BM still makes the majority of her food, and she still wakes atleast once to nurse, but she is now sitting with me and eating 3 meals a day.
In a typical day I sit and have 3 meals with her at the table, a nice proper meal.
For breakfast I make her a modified version of whatever I am eating. If I am having cereal I just give her some OatieOs to enjoy with some banana. If I am eating eggs with toast I make sure they are scrambled so she can eat some and I just give her toast strips. I have not made pancakes for myself in while, can't wait I think Liv will love them.
Liv is not a big breakfast eater. This is a small meal, only a few bites.
For lunch I give Liv some fruit, what ever fruit I am eating, and then sometimes I homemade teething biscuit, a piece of cheese or some yogurt. I use those baby yogurt blends she loves them.
Then dinner is some of whatever I am eating. Tonight she had some stuffing, carrots and some BBQ chicken. It sounds like a lot, but its not. She has a few bites of each and thats it.
She still has BM after everytime she wakes up, and once before bed and once in the middle of the night.
I am not big on CIO and I still feel she needs those night feedings so I am not ready to night wean her yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment