Friday, April 12, 2013

Dirt Digging

Spring is finally here and I've spent the last 2 weeks with my hands in the Earth planting away. I have high ambitious this year, even though my garden will be mostly in containers. A huge tree landed on my garden during a hurricane and ruined most of the fencing and door, the tree is so large that it is still there. I've gotten resourceful and have many plants started in containers. Spinach, lettuce, strawberries and special heirloom carrots that grow fat, not long. I also planted beans and snow peas along the only standing side of fence left from the garden. In my basement I have started many seedlings. Some my little munchkin child requested. Pumpkins, cucumbers, watermelon, tomatoes, peppers, and more. We love watching them grow. Its a little science experiment in our basement. Home learning fun. Home grown yummies coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment