Monday, November 15, 2010

Big Bird Learns about Breastfeeding

Sesame StreetImage via Wikipedia

This video is from the 70s and is such a great piece. I love it but at the same time it upsets me to think about how much we've gone backward too.
Could you imagine the uproar if this was on Sesame Street now? People couldn't handle Katy Perry I couldn't image what people would do if they aired and updated version of this.

I would love though if they did air something like this. I always feel awkward when a friends child asks "what are you doing?" Or what's under that blanket, can I see?
I really long for a time when can I nurse my child and not get stares or looks from parents, children or anyone.
I love the messages Sesame Street used to teach children, and still often do. Its a wonderful thing to nurse your child, and just as wonderful to normalize it and educated other on it.
Enhanced by Zemanta
IU

No comments:

Post a Comment